How do I choose a crystal?
One of the first and most important lesson you’ll learn from working with crystals, is to listen and trust yourself. Trust that you know which crystal is right for your spirit, and trust your connection with it. Your answers will come from within, your intuition or that soft voice in your mind guiding you towards an answer. You will find a crystal that you are drawn to and feels right, whether if its the way it looks, or if its meaning resonates with you.
How to Cleanse Your Crystals
It is important to cleanse your crystal, because we all want a fresh start for our new journey with our crystals. If you never cleanse your crystals, eventually their energy becomes overloaded and dim. There's no rule as to how often to cleanse them, we personally put them out monthly during the full moon and occasionally smudge them. Just go with your intuition on when you feel its time to, as long as you do cleanse them.
Here are some easy methods for crystal cleansing:
- Visualisation / Meditation - Sit comfortably in a quiet room. Hold your crystal in your hand and close your eyes, allowing the silence and serenity to envelope you. Visualise your crystal (or crystals) in front of you. Picture a bright white light coming from above and pouring over the crystal, washing away any negative energy trapped inside the crystal. Do this until you intuitively know that your crystal is cleared.
- Smudging with Sage or Palo Santo Smoke - To purify the energy of the crystal, simply immerse it in the smoke of sage or palo santo. Perform crystal cleansing on a regular basis, or whenever your crystal begins to feel like it’s not vibrating with the same energy as it once was.
- Sun or Moon Light - You can also do crystal cleansing by leaving your crystal out in the light of the sun or moon for at least 4 hours. Full moons are especially strong and bring in amazing cleansing qualities so aim to put your crystals out once a month during this moon phase.
- Soil of the Earth - Bury your stones in the soil of the earth, or even the soil of a potted plant for up to 24 hours. Don’t forget to leave a marker so that you can remember where you placed it!
- Quartz or Selenite Crystal - Quartz and selenite are two of the best crystals for beginners because they are both cleansing crystals. Cleansing crystals are high-vibing purifiers that don’t need to be charged. Because their energy remains clear and amplified, you can use them charge and cleanse your other crystals. Place a stone on your cleansing crystal to purify and enhance its energy.
- Salt water - You can use salt water from the ocean or simply put salt in a bowl of water. Hold your crystals so that they are immersed in salt water. The salt water can cleanses the energy from the stones. Be sure to clean your crystals using clean water afterwards. Some crystals can not be placed in water because they are too soft, or brittle. Water can cause some stones to fracture and break, or even dissolve! Be sure to look up your crystal and what cleansing is best for it.
- Running water - You can do this by holding your crystal under running tap water, holding them in a stream or pouring bottled water over them. It is important to keep your intention focused in your mind.
How to Set Intentions with Crystals
Setting intentions with crystals may sound like a foreign concept at first, but it’s actually very easy. It’s all about getting in touch with your true spiritual needs, and commemorating that newfound dedication to yourself. When you invest time into setting intentions with crystals, you’re really investing in your future and manifesting what it is you want to invite in. First find a quiet area to sit and reflect. Then hold your crystal in your hand to get in sync with its energy. Visualise your intention then speak it out loud to your crystal, this will activate them and so they know what they need to do to help or bring you. The universe will do the rest and pour into the crystals the intentions you’ve asked for.
For example: Rose Quartz, ‘I ask you to bring in unconditional love for myself and others, understanding and emotional healing.’